It’s easy to get involved!
1. Be a Performer:
Create your profile by submitting a photo, description of your act, and any relevant website/social media links. Check out the available venues and select one that will fit your needs. The venue will confirm your request, and you’re good to go.
IMPORTANT!! BEFORE REGISTERING PLEASE READ
This year Make Music Liberty will take place over a two day period beginning on Friday, June 21st and concluding on Saturday, June 22nd. This has entailed some changes to both the start and end times of the event and the registration/matching software. Although the software that is used to register participants, make matches between venues and musicians was not developed with a two-day event in mind, some adjustments and modifications have been made to accommodate the added day but there are still limitations to what the system recognizes.
Note that the event does not start until 4:00 pm on Friday and ends at 9:00 pm on Friday, then resumes at 7:00 am on Saturday and concludes at 4:00 pm on Saturday. Please do not attempt to book a performance outside of these hours. Even though the system may accept it, we will either have to reschedule it or cancel it.
IF YOU WANT TO RENEW YOUR 2018 REGISTRATION
- Log in to your account by using the same email address which you used last year.
Whether you do or don’t remember your password, first enter something, even a bogus password. Note: DO NOT click “forgot password” the first time around. It’s important that you attempt to login at least once, in order to trigger the renewal process. Once you try to log-in once, you can then click on “forgot my password” and go through the resetting process.
- Once you go through the renewal process and sign-in, you will be presented with a list of your 2018 profiles that are eligible for renewal this year. Choose which profiles are returning for 2019, click “import,” and update each profile as prompted.
- You are now ready to create additional profiles, and start making concert plans!
* As always, when you request or book time for a performance, make sure that you include enough time for setup and breakdown. If you want to perform for an hour and it takes 15 minutes for setup and 15 minutes to breakdown and clear the space, request or book for 90 minutes so that you don’t infringe on the time of another performer who follows you.
If you need help or have questions let us know at email@example.com
If you are a New Registration, Click the link directly Below
2. Host a Venue (location)
Create a profile by submitting your location information and a description of the space. Peruse the musician profiles to request a performance, or welcome musicians to select your space independently. Confirm the connection and make sure your space is ready to go on June 21st!
Want to register more than one Venue Location? Don’t see how? Try this:
- Once you have gone to the Link above and registered/Logged in, Go to Manage Profiles, then on the left, Create Venue, and follow the steps. To toggle between them, you can switch via Manage Profiles or the orange box in the upper right.
3. Start a Mass Appeal
A “Mass Appeal” is a music event in which an audience participates. It can be as simple as a group of aspiring musicians learning to play the harmonica, as with this year’s “Blues Harmonica 101” partnered with Hohner), or ukulele as with this year’s “Ukulele Basics” (partnered with Alfred Music) or, for that matter, learning ANY instrument in a group setting; drums (percussion), saxophone, tuba, bagpipes, flutes, etc,
It can also be It be an event where the audience actually joins with the performing group to make music together such as we have this year with the KC Women’s Music Network, and The Kansas City Ukulele Alliance.
Harmonica Instruction by Hoehner & Palin Music of Liberty
4. Donate or Be a Sponsor
If you can’t find that perfect performer to help support then help Us pay for banners to advertise, signage to inform and coverage by radio & TV.
All the advertising, banners, support, volunteer shirts, stages cost money. Yes, we do need money..but ONLY to make this event bigger, better, safer and More Fun than last year